I was reading The Chaos of BYOW (Bring Your Own Wi-Fi) on Cloud Ave yesterday. Several topics I’ve been talking about come to mind:
- Scalable Internet Connectivity – A blog post I wrote about the disconnect between cloud computing and Internet connectivity.
- Bottleneck In Cloud Computing Adoption – I’ve read several posts on this, but have not written one my self. Slow connections will prevent cloud computing adoption.
- ATT Broadband and Mobile Internet Service – Discussions around quality of AT&T broadband and mobile Internet service.
Internet connectivity is definitely one of the biggest problems we face in delivering conferences, events and cloud computing services.
I work to deliver technology for some of the larger events in North America (SAP Sapphire, Google I/O) and I acknowledge this is big problem.
I spend a huge amount of time to provide redundant systems to our registration counters at conference centers, airports and hotels.
I see speakers and presenters have their sessions fail because of poor Internet connections.
These are technology conferences put on by technology leaders.
- What is happening in the everyday world?
- Whats happening with technology in our schools?
There are so many issues to discuss on this topic. More to come.