Red Hat has been part of the cloud with services like Amazon EC2 since the beginning, because they are a leading open source platform. Not be outdone by other technology providers, Red Hat is offering their own line of cloud computing tools and services. When you choose Red Hat for your cloud, you get:
- The most comprehensive solutions for clouds – both private and public.
- Consistent enterprise-class environments that bridge the physical and virtual world, inside the datacenter and public clouds.
- Strategic flexibility without lock-in.
- Better infrastructure, designed specifically for multi-tenant clouds.
- Industry-leading ecosystem that makes cloud usable, accessible, and safe.
Red Hat cloud computing solutions include:
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Red Hat Network Satellite
- Red Hat Enterprise MRG Grid
- JBoss Enterprise Middleware
And they offer cloud computing services and provdiders:
- Red Hat Certified Cloud Providers
- Red Hat Cloud Consulting Services
- Red Hat Global Learning Services Cloud Training Courses
It is one of the beautiful things about the cloud movement. Existing players can shift their pricing model, add a few cloudy words and you have a cloud computing provider. It really isn’t a big shift, just a new way of thinking.